Vinyl leather is one of several names given to artificial leather. Other names being faux leather (sofa, chair and headboard upholstery), leatherette (auto upholstery, clothing), and koskin (consumer goods).
This fabric is wildly popular for projects such as purses, bags, furniture upholstery, RV upholstery, marine upholstery, bbq covers, table covers, jackets, shoes, gloves, hats, pants, belts, watch bands, cases, sports items, firearm holsters, and luggage
Benefits of Faux Leather Compared to Real Leather
Faux leather offers several advantages compared to real leather such as:
- Economical – Faux leather is typically much more affordable than real leather.
- Durability – Faux leather is very durable and will last a long time. It can withstand scratches and scrapes that would mar genuine leather. It is not prone to crack or peel like leather. It will not fade as easily in ultra violet (UV) light and is stain resistant.
- Low Maintenance – Faux leather materials can usually be wiped clean with a rag and warm water. Unlike genuine leather, it does not retain moisture, so faux leather items will not become warped or cracked. Some of the new performance faux leathers can remove ink, liquid and food stains with only a dry cloth.
- Realistic Quality – Faux leather has been modified and improved with variations in grain, color and textures to reflect a visual appearance with a realistic leather quality.
- Consistent Appearance – Faux leather will provide a uniform look since all the pieces come from the same stock.
- Easy to Work With – Faux leather is easier to cut and sew than real leather. In addition, needle marks are usually less noticeable and threads blend with the faux leather material more seamlessly.
Width: 54" (137cm)
Weight: 13.3oz (450gsm)
Content: 100% Polyvinyl Chloride (Backing: 100% Polyester)
Abrasion: 250,000+ Double Rubs
Care: Wipe with a soft cloth, with cold water and mild soap. Dry immediately